Vive Le Vegan Blog “Salba” Contest
Co-Sponsored by: Source Salba Inc.
1. CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering the Vive Le Vegan Blog “Salba” contest electronically and voluntarily providing your name and address, if chosen as the winning entry, from your blogger profile (collectively “Registrant Information”) you consent to Dreena Burton’s and Source Salba Inc.’s use of the Registrant Information to administer this Contest, and for notifications as set out in these Contest rules and for no other purpose. Your Registrant Information will not be disclosed or transferred to any third party without your prior consent. You may revoke your participation at any time by sending an email to email@example.com with the request to unsubscribe.
2. CONTEST PERIOD The Contest will exist of 4 monthly Contest Periods. Periods shall run from 12:00 pm (EST) September 16, 2008 to 11:59 pm (EST) September 30, 2008, from 12:00 am (EST) October 1, 2008 to 11:59 pm (EST) October 31, 2008, from 12:00am (EST) November 1, 2008 to 11:59pm November 30, 2008, from 12:00 am (EST) December, 2008 to 11:59 pm (EST) December 31, 2008 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received (or post-marked) no later than 11:59 p.m. (EST) on the last day of each specific Contest Period and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. CONTEST PARTICIPATION: By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Contest rules. In order to enter the Contest, and qualify for a chance to win the monthly Prize (as defined below) you may enter by leaving a comment in the comment section of http://vivelevegan.blogspot.com with name or blogger profile, and the correct answers to the questions posed. All fully completed entries that included all of the correct answers for each contest Period shall be entered into monthly draw by Dreena Burton as set out in section 5 below. There is a limit of one entry per person.
4. PRIZES: Source Salba Inc. is responsible for providing all the Prizes. In the event that any winner does not claim any component of a Prize, it shall expire on January 31, 2009. If a Prize (or any component thereof) is forfeited, then such Prize will not be offered to any other entrant and will not be redrawn, unless Dreena Burton decides to redraw in its sole discretion. One (1) monthly Prize is available to be won during each of the four Contest Periods (Each a monthly Prize), consisting of: (i) one bag of Source Salba Ground Organic Salba® (150 grams), (ii) three Source Salba REAL Whole Food bars (each 40 grams), (iii) 1 box of Source Salba Krispy Rice bars, Cinnamon and Apple, (all subject to availability). All shipping arrangements regarding any component of the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of Source Salba Inc. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $40 (Canadian). The winner of the monthly PRIZE is responsible for receivement of the monthly Prize through mail or courier.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND ODDS: The selection process for each monthly Prize from the eligible entries received will be held by Dreena Burton on the last day of every month for each Contest Period, namely September 30, October 31, November 30, and December 31, 2008. Within four (4) business days after each Contest Period, Dreena Burton will post a blog entry with the announcement of the winning entrant on http://vivelevegan.blogspot.com. Within 4 business days the winning entrant must send his/her email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Source Salba will then contact the winning entrant by email to receive details on the correct name and address, and will ask a skill testing question (that must be correctly answered to be declared a winner). If the skill testing question is answered correctly, Source Salba will deliver the prize. If any selected winning entrant does not respond within 4 business days from the initial email sent by Source Salba, an alternative entrant may be drawn until such time as a selected entrant satisfies the terms of this section. By responding with his/her email address to email@example.com, the winner declares, in order to be eligible to receive any of the Prize, to comply with all Contest rules. The odds of being selected in the random draw depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to all residents of Canada (exclusively those who reside in the province of Quebec) who are the age of majority or older within the province in which they reside at the time of entry. The employees of each of the Sponsors and Dreena Burton and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies and members of their respective immediate families or persons with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled are not eligible to enter this Contest.
7. COMPLETE SET OF RULES: For an additional set of these Contest rules and/or the monthly Prize winner’s name, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. GENERAL RULES:
a) Source Salba Inc. and Dreena Burton shall not be responsible or bear any liability for: (i) late-received, lost, unintelligible/illegible, incomplete, or misdirected entries; (ii) entries which fail to comply with these Contest rules; and (iii) any failure of the Source Salba Inc. website or Vive Le Vegan Blogspot during the Contest Period, including any problems or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading any material in the Contest, all of which may affect an entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
b) Source Salba Inc. and Dreena Burton reserve the right to cancel or suspend any portion of this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Source Salba Inc. or Dreena Burton corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Source Salba Inc. and Dreena Burton reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
c) By participating in this Contest, the Prize winner agrees that his/her name, and residence, may be used in any and all forms of media, without any further compensation by the Sponsors and waives all rights (including moral rights) with respect to printed, broadcast and other forms of publicity.
d) Each entrant agrees that the Sponsors and their affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives and employees and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest shall have no liability and shall be held harmless in respect of any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, claims, and demands, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and liability for any physical injury, death or property damage which the entrant or his or her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest or in connection with the acceptance or, use or misuse, of the Prize.
e) This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
f) All entries are subject to verification by Source Salba Inc. and Dreena Burton, and Source Salba Inc. and Dreena Burton reserve the right to cancel and revoke any entries if they are found to be improper or if the entrant is subsequently found not to be eligible pursuant to these Contest rules.
g) In the event of unavailability of the stated prize (or any portion thereof), Source Salba Inc., in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
h) The Prizes are not transferable, not refundable, not redeemable for cash, will not be extended under any circumstances and must be accepted as offered. Any unused portions of a Prize will be forfeited and will have no cash value. The Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged, or misdirected prizes.
i) By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest rules and the decisions of Source Salba Inc. in awarding the prizes, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants. Failure to comply with these rules may void the entrant’s rights vis a vis the Prize. Interpretation of these Contest rules by Source Salba Inc. shall be final.
j) Dreena Burton and Source Salba Inc. may terminate this Contest at anytime and may amend the rules or administration of this Contest without notice in Dreena Burton’s and Source Salba Inc.’s sole discretion in any commercially reasonable manner.
k) The Prize winner must be willing to accept prize delivery upon Source Salba Inc.’s terms and designated delivery times. Shipped prizes shall not be insured and Source Salba Inc. shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged, or misdirected prizes. The means of delivery shall be chosen in Source Salba Inc.’s sole discretion.
l) In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Selected entrants may be required to provide Dreena Burton and Source Salba Inc. with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry.
m) The Contest shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada.